The 26th Annual Sarasota Holiday Parade will be held on Dec. 3, 2022. We can’t wait to see you there! We’ll use our Facebook page and this website to let you know when online registration is open for both participants and volunteers.
We’re so happy to have had our 25th Anniversary parade this year. Our thanks to everyone who participated and attended the parade. As usual, all the entries were amazing. Here are the award winners.
BEST IN SHOW: The Dark Side
Best Silver Bells Anniversary Theme: Stage Door Studios
Best Commercial Entry: Longboat Key Builders
Best Performance: Jump Dance
Best Walking Entry: Acro Fit Gymnastics
Best Nonprofit Entry: Humane Society of Sarasota County
Best Church or School Entry: First Sarasota
Judges’ Choice:: Core SRQ
The 25th Anniversary of the Sarasota Holiday Parade will be held on Saturday, Dec. 4, 2021 at 7 p.m. The parade will begin at Main Street and U.S. 301 in downtown Sarasota. The parade will end at J.D. Hamel Park at Main Street and Gulfstream Avenue.
There will be multiple street closure notices and vehicle tow-away zones in effect for the following times and locations:
- 9 a.m. Saturday to 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Main Street closed from Osprey to US 301
- 9 a.m. Saturday to 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Main Street closed from Orange Avenue to Osprey Avenue
- 11 a.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Main Street closed from US 41 to Orange Avenue
- 12 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Main Street closed from U.S. 301 to School Avenue
- 12 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Fletcher Avenue closed from Main Street to Fruitville
- 12 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Wallace closed from Main Street to Fruitville
- 12 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: East Avenue closed from Fruitville to Ringling Boulevard
- 12 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: School Avenue closed from Main Street to Fruitville
- 12 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Audubon closed from Main Street to Fruitville
- 12 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: First Street closed from Audubon to East Avenue
- 2:30 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Lemon Avenue closed from First Street to Main Street
- 3 p.m. Saturday – 12:30 a.m. Sunday: Gulfstream Avenue closed from US 41 to McAnsh
- 7 p.m.: Sarasota Holiday Parade begins
Roads will re-open once the end of the parade reaches a two-block distance from each road closure. Vehicles not removed by the posted time will be towed at the owner’s expense. For information on towed vehicles, contact Upman’s Towing at 941-365-7084.
That’s all folks! The 2021 parade entries are closed. Please contact email@example.com with any questions. See you on Dec. 4!
The excitement and anticipation is already building as we open registration for the 2021 Sarasota Holiday Parade, which marks the 25th Anniversary of this beloved community event.
The theme for this year’s parade is SILVER BELLS, which is fitting for a Silver Anniversary of 25 years!
Before registering, please read ALL INFO on our How to Enter the Sarasota Holiday Parade page!
Please pay special attention to the insurance requirements as the correct insurance coverage is mandatory in order to participate. Insurance is required for every entry and must cover vehicles and/or walkers.
Deadlines, as stated on our How to Enter page, are not negotiable. All participants must have a representative at the mandatory meeting currently scheduled for Mon., Nov. 15, location to be determined.
As always, if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.